Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Theory Of Running Faster Will Make You Warmer Jan 10th





This morning run was a cold one, and I knew it was going to be a cold one before I even rolled out of bed. My morning originally started at 5:30AM when I woke up with a start thinking I had overslept for my run, and to say the least I was ecstatic that I had at least another 90 minutes of sleep before rolling out of bed for my run! I got up and convinced myself that putting on several layers of running clothes to hopefully be warm enough for my run seemed like lots of fun and then headed off to Forever Fit to meet everybody.

We had a large group joining us this morning, welcoming back old friends from other teams, teammates and new comers to our group. We met with our new Arthritis Foundation representative, someone who is very familiar to many of us, Vic Acosta who was my first marathon coach.

It was very deceiving outside with the sun coming out and that the run may not be nearly as cold as planned. Deceiving is the key word as it was frigid out there and despite how many layers I had on I was cold to begin with and thought running faster might help me warm up. To say the least my legs never really warmed up but I still kept up a great pace.

After this mornings run a group of 9 of us headed out for a post-run meal at Cabot's where we worked on our re-fueling by seeing how much food we could eat! Below are the stats from today's run and soon I will add in pictures.

The Run Info:
Distance: 8.0mi
Time: 1:16:11
Mile 1: 9:28
Mile 2: 9:26
Mile 3: 9:28
Mile 4: 10:02
Mile 5: 9:13
Mile 6: 9:13
Mile 7: 9:49
Mile 8: 9:27
The Course: Watertown St., to Walnut St. to Comm Ave running towards Boston on the Marathon course and back.

P.S.
starting temperature 7 degrees!!

No comments:

Post a Comment