Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sat Jan 17th.....Can I Skip Straight To The Half Hour Hot Shower???


Well I didn't think I could "bitch" anymore about the cold than I had done on Tuesday morning but apparently it is possible. Yesterday as I rolled out of bed I checked the weather to discover my run would be start in a frigid temperature of -2 degrees. YIKES!!!!
Despite knowing the temperature I began to pile on some layers, packing more in my bag to add when I got to the club right before my run. I knew I had teammates (especially Emily - who if she didn't show I was going to kick), Coach Duncan and Vic all waiting for me to go running with them. I got the club and there was a huge group there! Good! I was glad to see I was not the only one braving the frigid temperatures to go for my run. After layering on running tights, with windpants over them, a long sleeve running shirt, a heavier long sleeve running shirt, windbreaker, hat and gloves I was finally ready to head out for my 8 mile run.
Although I think Emily and I whined for the first 2 miles of our run, Shifter (who runs for Dana Farber and I think everyone in the running community knows) agreed it was cold but it could certainly be colder. By mile 2 we were warming up and when we got to the water stop of seeing Jamie at mile 3 we were feeling pretty good. The 8 miles went well today, it helps to pass the time with friends. Although we were missing Elan - because apparently he is becoming a wuss as he is now old, and Bob - who has a good excuse...Bob finished his MBA program at Babson on Friday. Congrats Bob!
It took some time for each of us to warm up after the run...I believe many of us tried to set a new record of the longest hot shower we could take. :)



Run Info:
Course: Starting at Forever Fit running out to the marathon course, up heartbreak, back down and back to Forever Fit
Distance: 8 Miles
Time: 1:17:11
Average Pace: 9:37 min/mile

Please help me reach my fundraising goal by making a tax deductible donation at http://jimboston.kintera.org/kristina

1 comment:

  1. can't lie kristina, i'm exhausted & cold just from reading about your 8 miles in -2 temps, but good on ya, keep it up girlfriend!!

    ReplyDelete