Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Saturday January 31st 2009 You Can Eat Candy While Running?

This morning was time for another team run. We were all at Forever Fit early so that we could hear the Sports Nutritionist Nancy Clark speak. I have been lucky enough to hear Nancy speak several times but as always it was great to hear her and you take away something different each time. Nancy talked about how we need to fuel our bodies all day long, how to fuel leading up to the marathon and of course how to fuel during the marathon. And yes you can eat candy, in fact it works just as well as the Gu's or Power Gels. Hmmm...I knew I had a sweet tooth for a reason.

This week was a down week for my training. I only had to run 6 miles which felt good to my body, it was ready for a break. I ran to Betty (who was wonderful enough to do water stops for us again) and helped her finish handing out Gatorade and then got a ride back to Forever Fit.

Run Info:
Distance: 6.0 mi
Location: We ran out to the marathon course and then headed backwards on the marathon course - resulting in having to run up Grossman's Hill (normally we get to run down it which is much more fun!)
Time: 58:03
Average Pace: 9:40 min/mi
splits to come...

On Another Note....
This afternoon after my run I raced home to get showered and changed and then headed over to Harvard to watch an indoor track meet. Sarah Hall, who I helped coach when she ran in high school, was running for UNH today. It is her senior year of running track for them and I want to make as many meets in Boston as I can. Sarah came and found me before her race and managed to let me know she was not happy about running the 400 M and that she was even less pleased about being in the fast heat. (You would have thought I was coaching her again!). I reminded her that this is good for her, she is good at it, no matter how much she hates it. While Sarah went to warm up and check in I got to watch some of the other track events. I love running Marathons, but I often forget how much fun track meets are. There were some great races watching those who knew how to go out, work efficiently and win to those who just went out with all their guts and heart and left it all out there.
Sarah had a great race, it was a very fast heat which made it difficult for her. In good tradition Sarah had to throw up after her 400m (she has done this after every 400m since I met her). I wandered over with gum for her, made sure we found her some powerade and enjoyed spending time with her. I have always loved watching Sarah race, and will be enjoying it as much as I can during her senior year.

2 comments:

  1. wow, sounds like training is going well for ya, keep it up girlfriend, hugs from SNOWY london!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job on the training! Glad to see I found my way to your blog.

    ReplyDelete