Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Saturday April 18th, expo trip #2

I learned half way through the week a small group from my team were planning on doing a 2 mile run to be followed by a trip to the expo. I didn't want to be left out so I figured why not go twice?! We all met up at Jenny and Megan's apartment and headed out for a short 2 mile jog along the river. Ok so my jog was a little fast when I thought running with Greg was a great idea (aka Fast Guy) but that's ok. The expo was a lot of fun, especially being with so many people who have never done this before. After the expo we all headed home to rest for the afternoon before team dinner. We had our team pasta dinner tonight at Jamie's house. Jamie is not running Boston this year as she is too busy coaching a group of at risk high school students to their first marathon 2 weeks after Boston. (stay tuned to the blog after the marathon for more information about this group they are amazing!)
We had good food, lot's of laughs and of course speeches by Coach Duncan and Vic. There was a DVD of pictures of us throughout the year, most of which caused us laughter and remembering how cold we were!!! Tonight is the night of sleep for the marathon so soon I will be heading that way but before I do....
Jess Zacka has been a member of Forever Fit since I started working there two years ago, she was quite and never really said a lot to me until she started training for the marathon with us. Unfortunetly she has suffered a stress fracture in both of her shins and will be on the sidelines cheering us on tomorrow.
Two weeks and 2 days ago I was on the phone with Bob and he was whining because he felt like he had a fever. Unforutnetly not only did he have a fever but he has been miserable sick from a virus ever since. Bob will not be running the Boston marathon with us this year as he is at home trying to get healthy. It is hard to believe that this will be my first marathon without him! But that's ok, we are already bickering about my finishing time (you know I need to run faster now just to prove him wrong!!) Feel better Captain Bob!!
I am off until Monday. Please wish me luck and follow my progress at www.baa.org bib #26209

No comments:

Post a Comment