Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

snow in April

Ok it's April 2nd and there are snow flakes out there.  Seriously??  I know I have run in the snow before but somehow when I don't have other people counting on me or a marathon to train for I lack motivation to go out and run in the cold.  Instead I have been very consistent about doing the Jillian Michaels DVD's, I love the circuit training part of them but am getting bored so decided it was time to start making my own circuits.  I took exercises from a little bit of everywhere and I have to say it was really hard because I did each exercise for the full minute vs splitting it up and going back and forth like a lot of workout DVD's do.  Below is my 24 minute full circuit training workout.  There are 3 full rotations - 3 minutes of strength training, 3 minutes of cardio and 2 minutes of core.


Bent over row
squat
Walk out push up

High knees
Butt kicks
Jumping jacks

Plank twist
Supermans

Shoulder press with leg kick (switch legs at 30 sec)
Push ups
Chair dips

Plank jacks
Mountain climbers
Skaters

Crunches
Scissor kicks

Bridge with arm flies/alternate skull crushers
One hand snatch (alternate which arm at 30 sec)
bicep curls

Alternating front leg kick
Shadow box with weights
Sumo squat jump

Twisting crunches
Wall sit

No comments:

Post a Comment