Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Birkram Yoga

A while ago I purchased 10 classes of Bikram Yoga on groupon and now that NCLEX and nursing school are finally over I realized it was time for me to get there.  When I went I changed over to a 30 days special they are running for new students and set up for my first class.  
First things first - if you have never done this type of yoga it is crazy hot in there!  I was sweating just sitting there.  And I was going to do yoga for the next 90 minutes in there?!  As it turns out the heat is manageable but you are absolutely exhausted after this.  For anyone who knows me I have a very hard time finding anything that will keep my attention for 90 minutes and not get bored or try to do 3 other things at the same time.  I only found myself looking at the clock once and going "seriously we've only been at this for 40 minutes" and then next thing I knew we only had 5 minutes to go!
I enjoyed it enough that I signed up for day 2's class right away and was back the next morning for it.  Unfortunately day 3 was off since I am fighting some sort of illness but cannot wait to go back for another class.

No comments:

Post a Comment