Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

3 feet of snow and no marathon to train for

It's been a while since I have posted anything but to be honest it has been a while since 1. I have been in regular marathon training and 2. since I have gone for a run.  This is my second winter in the past 10 years that I am NOT training for the Boston Marathon.  I miss is more and more everyday which tells me that my marathon training is not gone forever.  In the meantime school and passing my NCLEX have been my focus.  With all of that out of my way I am now in charge of trying to get back in shape.  Here's my next dilemia - there is a large amount of snow on the ground in Worcester and apparently they do not believe in clearing their side walks there.  Unlike when I was living in Newton there is no carriage road to run on here either.  (and according to the significant other there is some concern about my safety).
My main motivation is agreeing to be a fitness buddy with my good friend Mirjana in her quest to be consistent in her high gear workout plan for the next 30+ days in her attempt to be ready for wedding dress fittings.  Since I'm not running it's hard core cross training time.  And I haven't even bothered to join a gym since I know how very uninterested I am in going to a gym.  So I am back to blogging and recording my workouts and didn't see the point in starting a new blog to talk about my workouts since someday all of this will bring me back to running marathons.
I am on day 2 of tracking my food intake on the app "myfitnesspal" (free and an amazing app) and my workouts which yesterday was 20 min of cardio kickboxing, today 22 min circuit training and 15 min of calisthenics.
Here's to being in shape - after all I have all the free time in the world until I find a nursing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment