Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Changing times...

Times are changing and so is my fitness focus.  In March I gave birth to my daughter and that changes everything!!  I am still out there running and focusing on being fit however the focus is no longer just marathons.  I hope someday to return to Boston and run my 10th full marathon, and I am sure there will be more to follow after #10.  But for now my focus has become leading a fit and healthy life style.  
The one thing I've learned in the last 5 months is that Mom's are busy!!!!  I am lucky enough to be home with my daughter most of the time but still trying to fit in workouts is a challenge.  Thankfully recently we got the Bob jogging stroller and that has made my runs much easier to get in and I am more consistent getting out the door.  However trying to strength train is another challenge I have yet to overcome.  I convinced my husband to do a 30 day squat and ab challenge with me - he's not loving it.  But that is at least a start.
Hopefully blogging and joining a 30 day fitness challenge group will help me stay on track since I will now be held accountable!  

No comments:

Post a Comment